Do you accept insurance?
If your health insurance includes mental health benefits, it may cover all or a portion of your treatment. Growth Therapy Center is currently accepting Anthem BC/BS (Blue Shield, PPO, Exchange Pathway, Healthkeepers, and Healthkeepers Plus-Medicaid). Growth Therapy Center is currently out of network with all other insurance companies. If you would like to use your out-of-network benefits, you will pay in full at the time of your appointment and we will provide you with the necessary paperwork to submit to claims for insurance reimbursement upon your request. As insurance companies reimburse at their discretion, you may want to contact your insurance company to determine your out-of-network benefits prior to making an appointment, and consider the following questions:
- What are my “out-of-network” outpatient mental health benefits? How much of each therapy session will your insurance provider reimburse (this is typically a percentage)?
- Must I meet a deductible (the amount of money you have to pay before your insurance company will start to reimburse you) before my benefits will begin paying for out of network providers? Have you already paid any of this deductible?
- Are there any limitations to services (e.g., only a certain amount of money allowed for mental health reimbursements, a limited number of sessions, reimbursement only for certain types of diagnoses, etc.)?
- Do you need any kind of special referral (i.e., from a primary care doctor or your University Counseling Center) before I can be reimbursed?
- How long will it take to get reimbursed after I mail my receipt?
- Where do I need to mail or email my receipt?
- Do my benefits cover online counseling?
Please note, in weighing the costs and benefits of utilizing health insurance for mental health services, a number of people choose not to use their health insurance due to high deductibles, limits on the number of sessions, or health insurance requirements for mental health diagnosis. Most often, this is also due to concerns about the privacy of their health information, and the potential release of this information to health insurance companies and their affiliated entities.
We can discuss further the pros and cons of utilizing your insurance at your initial visit.
Want help determining your out-of-network benefits, and whether or not you will be able to get reimbursed for my services through your insurance? Want help filing your out-of-network receipts to your insurance to get reimbursed for my services?
Check out “Better – Health Insurance Claims Made Simple“, a great new company and smartphone app that is created to help you advocate for yourself to get the most of your insurance benefits. Better finds the money your health insurance owes you! Get paid back by your health insurance for your out-of-network therapy, chiropractic care, medical bills, and more.
How much do you charge?
My fee for a 55 minute session runs between $75 and $110 for individual sessions. Couple’s therapy sessions start at $110 and go up to $150.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions about services or pricing.
Cannot afford my fees? Want more information on low-cost options?
The cost of services should never be a barrier to receiving mental health. Even if you cannot afford my services, and you do not have insurance coverage, there is a therapy directory called Open Path that guarantees sliding fee scale appointments for clients who need it. Click HERE to sign up and search for me as a provider. Please keep in mind that I have a limited amount of spots open for sliding fee scale and may not have one available at the time of your request.
What methods of payment do you accept?
Fees are payable by cash, or credit card at the time that services are rendered. You may also use your FSA/ HSA card as well. Credit card payment includes a convenience fee and is processed through a HIPAA-compliant system for therapists called Ivy Pay. This app allows you to pay for your session and keep a credit card on file for future payments.
What is your cancellation policy?
If you need to cancel your appointment, please contact your therapist at least 24 hours in advance. If you cancel with less than 24 hours notice or do not show up to your scheduled appointment, you will be charged a $50 late cancellation/no-show fee.
How long are sessions?
Typical individual and couples sessions last from 50-55 minutes. We also offer 85-90 minute sessions as indicated or requested.