GOTTMAN THERAPY MARRIAGE WORKSHOPS
Do you have difficulty communicating and understanding each other? Are you stuck, arguing in circles about the same issues? Or are you in a good relationship and would like to make it even better?
THEN, THIS COUPLES WORKSHOP IS FOR YOU!
Research shows that on average, couples wait six years from the first sign of problems before they seek help. That’s like waiting six years with cancer before seeking medical care!
Please don’t wait until your relationship is falling apart to get help. Get the skills TODAY to ensure that you make an investment in the GREATEST decision of your life. Give your children the gift of a healthy, happy marriage between you and your partner.
Good relationships don’t just build themselves, and problems don’t just go away, without INTENTIONAL knowledge and effort. Take action now!
Register Today to guarantee your spot, as space in each workshop is limited to the first five couples.
$300 per couple. The fee must be paid in advance in order to register for the workshop. Register and pay online. Call or email to receive a coupon code for an additional discount!
The workshop will begin promptly at 9:00am, with a check-in time and continental breakfast at 8:30am. There will be a 90 minute break for lunch offsite and the program will end at 4:00pm. There will be snacks and drinks throughout the day offered to each participant.
COUPLES WORKSHOPS IN RICHMOND
2023 CLASS SCHEDULE
- March 11th, 2023
- April 1st, 2023
- May 6th, 2023
- June 3rd, 2023
- July 1st, 2023
- August 5th, 2023
- September 2nd, 2023
- October 7th, 2023
- November 11th, 2023
- December 2nd, 2023
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN IN OUR RELATIONSHIP WORKSHOPS:
The Seven Principles Workshop will give you new insights and research-based relationship skills that can dramatically improve the intimacy and friendship in your relationship and help you resolve conflict in a healthy, productive way.
This class combines teaching and demonstrations with one-on-one work sessions where you and your partner focus on your relationship with each other. Confidentiality is strictly maintained. Although we encourage questions and comments, you do not need to speak in the workshop if you do not want to.
YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO:
- Foster respect, affection, and closeness
- Improve your communication so that your partner can “hear” you and respond with love.
- Build and share a deeper connection with each other’s inner world
- Learn how to resolve those solvable problems and manage conflict effectively
- Breakthrough and resolve conflict gridlock
- Strengthen your Emotional Intelligence and empathize with your partner to get your needs met in a loving way.
MARRIAGE WORKSHOP DETAILS:
This program is based upon the New York Times best-seller “The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work” by Dr. John Gottman, Ph.D.
Straightforward in its approach yet profound in its effect, the principles outlined in Dr. Gottman’s groundbreaking book teach partners new and startling strategies for making their relationships work.
For over 30 years Dr. Gottman scientifically analyzed the habits of married couples and established a method of correcting the behaviors that put thousands of marriages on the rocks. He helps couples focus on each other and the small day-to-day moments that, strung together, make up the heart and soul of any relationship.
This class is designed to strengthen your marriage or committed relationship. If you already have a strong relationship, this class will provide you with insights and tools to make it even better. If your relationship is distressed, this class will provide a road map for repair.
Research shows that on average, couples wait six years from the first sign of problems before they seek help. That’s like waiting six years with cancer before seeking medical care. Please don’t wait until your relationship is falling apart to get help. Be proactive and learn what decades of research teach us about healthy relationships.
Anita P. Stoudmire, LPC, is an authorized Seven Principles Program Educator who will lead the workshop and teach you what successful couples specifically do to create long-lasting loving relationships, as well as the benefits of a stable, committed relationship.
IS THIS COUPLES WORKSHOP FOR US?
The Gottman Seven Principles Program is designed for all couples in a committed relationship, including:
- Married couples
- Pre-engaged couples (those considering marriage)
- Engaged or Premarital couples (those taking steps towards marriage)
- Every phase of relationships, from newlyweds to senior couples
- Those who wish to enhance an already “good” marriage or relationship
- Those needing better conflict management tools
- Those considering couples therapy but who are not “ready” for weekly therapy
- People of all backgrounds, ages, faiths, sexual orientations, and relationship arrangements.
*If you are dealing with emotional abuse, domestic violence, unwanted touch, or substance abuse, this class is not appropriate, and you should instead seek individual or couples therapy.
THE PRICE FOR THE COUPLES WORKSHOP IN RICHMOND INCLUDES:
- “The Seven Principles of Making Marriage Work” book by Dr. John Gottman and Nan Silver.
- “The Seven Principles Companion Workbook” allows you to privately record answers and journal thoughtfully about the concepts in the book, as they apply to your relationship. It takes users step-by-step through the interactive exercises in each chapter of “The Seven Principles” book.
- “Love Map/Open Ended Questions” card deck. This deck is a fun and effective way for couples to get to know one another’s inner lives, thus increasing closeness and friendship.
- Engaging presentation and the opportunity for many exercises and conversations with your partner.
- Refreshments (coffee, water, sodas) and light snacks will be provided throughout the day. Please feel free to bring your own snacks and drinks as well. Lunch will be on your own, with many restaurants nearby.
Space in each workshop is limited, so register now to guarantee your spot. Registration ends the day before the workshop date to give time for all.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
You may contact Anita Stoudmire at (804) 399-5323 or via email at email@example.com. You may also set up a 15-minute FREE consult to see if this workshop is for you by clicking the link at the top of this page.
What is the cancellation policy?
Your class fee is non-refundable. Once you have paid for the entire workshop, your fee is non-refundable but can be transferred to another workshop within 12 months. However, if you cancel within 72 hours or fail to show up for the workshop, there will be a $75 transfer fee applied. All classes are enrolled on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Who is Anita Stoudmire?
The presenter, Anita P. Stoudmire, LPC, is an expert relationship counselor who is a certified Gottman Seven Principles Workshop Leader in the Richmond area. She has been intensively trained in “The Seven Principles for Making Your Marriage Work” workshop as a program facilitator. Anita has also been rated as one of the three best marriage counselors in Richmond, Virginia.
She is the Owner/Lead Clinician at Growth Therapy Center, a private practice that specializes in couples’ therapy (pre-marital, marriage, and blended families) and therapy for women’s issues. She utilizes Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, as well as Solution-Focused Brief Therapy. Anita has a Masters in Professional Counseling from Liberty University and also provides Christian Counseling to her clientele when requested. She is a single mother to three teenagers, and a pet mom to one Pug and a cat. She is also an author, speaker, podcast host and dating and relationship coach with an online brand called Better Love Movement. Anita has a special passion for couples’ therapy as she knows the importance of creating strong families to create strong communities and a better outcome for our children.
Do I have to talk in this class?
Absolutely not! Although Anita will ask questions of the audience and will encourage active participation, this is entirely up to you! If you just want to sit back, learn, and participate in the private exercises with your partner, you are welcome to do so.
MARRIAGE WORKSHOP LOCATION:
Growth Therapy Center, LLC.
The Cap Center Building in Innsbrook
4510 Cox Road, Suite 102-B
Glen Allen, VA 23060
There is ample free parking outside of the building.